February 10th is National Cream Cheese Brownie Day. Some things just need their own holiday. In honor of this high-holy day, we have put together two yummy cream cheese brownie recipes to enjoy.
Super Simple Cream Cheese Brownie Recipe
- 1 Packaged Brownie Mix (19.8 oz.)
- 1 package of cream cheese (8oz.)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. white sugar
- Preheat your oven and pre pare brownie mix based on brownie package instructions.
- Grease 9×13 in pan
- Mix together the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth. Best to use an electric if possible. If not, make sure cream cheese is softened for easier mixing by hand.
- Spread the brownie mix into the pan. Drop spoonful’s of cream cheese mix on top of the brownie mix.
- Take a small knife and swirl the cream cheese through the brownie mix.
- Bake according to the box instructions. To check doneness, stick a toothpick into the pan. When it comes out clean, the brownies are done.
- Let cool in the pan. Then cut and enjoy.
Deluxe Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter (1/2 c.)
- 6 TBS. dark or semi-sweet chocolate (about 3 oz.)
- 1 c. white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅔ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 TBS. cocoa powder
Cream Cheese Mix
- 6 oz. softened cream cheese
- ⅓ c. chunky peanut butter
- ⅓ c. white sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Use a double boiler to whisk butter and chocolate until melted. Or microwave butter and chocolate on 20% heat for 15 second increments, whisking between each time, until melted together.
- Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt into chocolate butter mix until smooth.
- Mix flour and cocoa powder together, then add this to the smooth chocolate mix just enough to combine.
- Pour into pan.
- Mix together all ingredients for the cheese cake mix until smooth. Drop spoonful’s of mix onto brownie mix, then use a knife to swirl.
- Bake on center rack for about 35 minutes.